Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In recent times I have finally got it through my hard head that helping others to find Jesus is our reason for being on this earth. Here I am almost a senior citizen and just now figuring that out. I guess that I knew it – I just refused to believe it.
Jesus has been patient with me, I think, I hope? I sometimes picture Jesus wondering why more of us,”just don’t get it.”
Anyway, years from now, one of my great grandchildren may be going through my papers and discover that he, or she, needs a relationship with Jesus.
In this way I can overcome the Shakespearean statement, “The evil that men do lives after them – the good is interred with their bones.”
By this method of documentation – good can survive.
Maybe my writings CAN have some impact.
I hope that you read my words and confront me on matters where I need it and share your thoughts with me regarding all subjects.
I look forward to this Truth Quest.
First I would like to say that my thoughts are arrived at through thoughtful Bible study and also by listening to sermons by ministers who are considered to be Christian bible scholars.
I try not to “think” but to let God’s word express itself. We can’t think for God or put ourselves in his place because, “His ways are not our ways.”
Simply put I will try to write about what I know and admit what I don’t know.
Jesus is a very important part of my life. During most of my adult life I promised in my daily prayers that I planned to study the bible more.
About 25 years afterwards I finally got around to keeping my word. For my sake I am thankful that God is patient.
In the last few years I have studied the Bible in depth much and I feel that I am a stronger better person for this effort.
I am thankful that my wonderful wife has stayed with me during my years of weakness and immaturity.

Joe

No comments: